Sunday, March 29, 2009

Flash back...


Tonight i had dinner with my Grandparents, Great Aunts, Great Grandma and 3 of my cousins. It was my Great Grama Ruths 95th birthday and she wanted to see all the Great Great Grandbaby's. It was so much fun to see three of my cousins I havent seen in a really long time. I cant help but sit here while my mind floods of all the fun times we shared as kids. From Frosty's flying in old lady's faces to trips to the cabin with Nana and Papa. Growing up my Papa had an airplane. He used to take us flying in it and let us think we were co-pilots. Now how many kids get to do that?! From time to time he'd let us sit on his lap and drive his truck hitting trash can after trash can as we drove in the neighborhood. The boys would sit in the back and pick up the trash cans when it wasnt there turn to drive. Another was "DQ TIME!" Everytime we'd spend the night Papa would always yell "DQ TIME" after we ate dinner. We got to go and pick out any kind of icecream we wanted. Then theres the MONEY CHAIR it was also a big hit. Papa would sit in his rocker and change would fall out of his pockets down the chair. It was always a mad dash into the house to turn that chair upside down for all the loose change. Sometimes you'd score pretty good! Over all i have to say I have the best Grandparents ever. There has never been a holiday or birthday they havent acknowleged or a special event they have missed. I can always call them and count on them...not to mention the endless wisdom they both have to offer. They never hold a grudge and always greet you with arms wide open. My Papa has helped us get our vehicles and because of that we have always drove nice cars with little or no payments. His generosity is endless and his heart's almost to big to fit in his chest. My Nani can solve just about any problem and is the hippest Grama around! They haven't had the easiest life but definitely have learned to make lemonade out of lemons. "What children need most are the essentials that grandparents provide in abundance. They give unconditional love, kindness, patience, humor, comfort, lessons in life. And, most importantly, cookies. ~Rudolph Giuliani" I couldnt have said it better!

4 comments:

Chad and Ashlie said...

Thats cute! you do have great grandparents!

SloneFamily said...

I am so glad we all got to catch up! IT really was fun... Call me anytime :)

aj&brittney said...

You have the cutest little family. Glad I ran into you at the shower. Now we can keep in touch.

Team Willis said...

Yeah! You were junior mints! I tell you, never have I traveled so far and wide for a shirt before! But they were awesome and I wish I still had mine. That was a fun trip!